Laser Hair Removal – Pain free
Painless Laser Hair removal at Wilmington’s Skincare Leaders – Wilmington Dermatology Center.
WDC is excited to offer the first, high-speed Alexandrite laser that makes it possible for even darker skin types to benefit from pain-free laser hair removal. This breakthrough is possible because of Moveo technology — a handpiece that delivers fast, more efficient energy to destroy the hair in a way that is painless and free from side-effects.
Since the hair follicle goes through a number of growth stages, laser hair removal requires around 5-6 treatments to give you permanent reduction of fifty to ninety percent of the treated area. Future maintenance touch-up visits may be required to address hair that has grown for various reasons such as treatment cycle timing, hormones, medications, etc.
Differing from traditional laser hair removal, the Motus AX/AY is able to treat larger areas in a shorter period of time. It also has the dual ability to treat pigmented lesions, small leg veins, and vascular lesions.
The process for beginning your laser hair removal treatment is simple. Once you’ve determined your desired area, Wilmington Dermatology professionals will determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment. It is required that patients come to the appointment with the treatment areas shaved (not waxed) and prepped for treatment. In the case that there is excess hair in the treatment areas, we will shave and prep the location at the time of the appointment. Our nurse will then adjust the laser for optimal treatment according to your skin type. A cool gel is placed in the treatment area, then a headpiece is placed and the energy is then delivered to the skin. The patient will feel little to nothing during the treatment, with potentially light warmth here or there. While treatment time entirely depends on the area being treated, legs and backs can typically be done in 15-20 minutes. While this is a no downtime treatment, it is not uncommon for patients to experience mild redness, itching and swelling to the hair follicle. These side effects rarely last up to two days following the procedure. Motus AX/AY is by far your best laser hair removal option offering comfort and faster treatment times to all body surfaces.
Why Motus AX/AY at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
What Makes Motus AX/AY Different
Motus AX/AY Video
Patient Treatment Documents
Top 10 Laser Hair Removal FAQs
- Treatment length will vary depending on the size of the area being treated. Small areas 20-30min, while larger areas like the back could be almost 1hr.
When will I see results?
- You may notice hair reduction after your first treatment, although the full 90% reduction will take up to 5-6 treatments
How many sessions will I need?
- The number of sessions required to eliminate hair completely depends on the individual. A typical laser hair removal regimen is 5-6 sessions spaced 4-8 weeks apart depending on the area of the body and then maintenance treatments as needed. Given the efficacy of the Motus AX/AY , you may need fewer sessions and could go longer before needing a touch-up treatment.
How much does it cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center offers extremely competitive pricing for laser hair removal treatments with a worry free pay as you go model and the ability to receive your 6th treatment free. Additional touch-up visits may be necessary after your 6th treatment is completed. Touch up visits will cost $40 for small areas and $80 for larger areas. Your individual touch up costs will be published on your consent form. Come in for a free consultation to get your individual treatment plan and pricing.
Are there any side effects?
- Some typical side effects may occur after treatment including itchy skin, pink/redness and possible mild swelling of the hair follicle.
How do laser hair removal and electrolysis differ?
- Electrolysis is another hair removal method. Unlike laser hair removal, electrolysis can be used on all hair color, including white/light hair. While laser hair removal is only used on dark hair, it is a less painful and faster option for hair removal.
Can I go out in the sun during treatments?
- Unlike traditional laser hair removal, the Motus AX/AY allows for us to treat tanned skin with little risk.
Is a Motus AX/AY treatment right for me?
- One of the breakthrough benefits of the Motus AX/AY is that it is safe and effective for light to dark skin types. Whether you have fine, light hair or a darker skin tone, the Motus AX/AY can be used to target and permanently remove unwanted hair.The Motus AX/AY may also be used with tanned skin however,it is always recommended that you talk with your physician about your specific skin conditions before treatment.
Will my treatment hurt?
- One of the major benefits of the Motus AX/AY , is that the Moveo technology eliminates the discomfort of typical laser hair removal. Most people only feel a warming sensation making the experience a highly comfortable one.
Does it really matter who does my treatment?
- Although there are minimal regulations on who can treat patients with laser hair removal, it is recommended that a licensed professional with laser experience do your procedure. Correct settings and headpiece placement affect optimal results.
Are you a good laser hair removal candidate?
Laser hair removal is a great option for both men and women looking to reduce hair growth in unwanted places. While all laser hair removal devices only work effectively on dark pigmented hair, one of the breakthrough benefits of the Motus AX/AY is that it is safe and effective for light to dark skin types. Whether you have fine, light hair or a darker skin tone, the Motus AX/AY can be used to target and permanently remove unwanted hair.The Motus AX/AY may also be used with tanned skin however,it is always recommended that you talk with your physician about your specific skin conditions before treatment.works on all skin tones at different energy levels. At Wilmington Dermatology Center, we encourage patients to take advantage of our free cosmetic consults, where a provider can assess and determine if laser hair removal will work for you. Patients should also disclose to their providers if they are pregnant, breastfeeding, or plan on becoming pregnant in the future.
The New Year is here and it’s time to get back to our routines and jump start our way into 2021! There are so many new treatments in the market today providing real results that can help enhance how we look and feel. Today we’re going to focus on what the biggest...
Ready or not, it’s that time of year again! We’ve got you covered here at WDC and have come up with some of the GREATEST Galentines and Valentines gift ideas for glowing skin. We’re so excited to share all the goodies with you! These favorite products of ours can be...