DaxibotulinumtoxinA® is another prescription injection used by men and women to treat stubborn frown lines—between the eyebrows, crow’s feet and other fine lines on the forehead with proven longer lasting results than other competing brands!
DaxibotulinumtoxinA® is another excellent, non-surgical option that reduces the effects of aging and helps regain a more youthful appearance. It has results similar to that of Botox and Dysport with capabilities to be longer lasting.
At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are advocates of natural looking results. During a typical procedure, we evaluate which areas need to be treated based on your facial expressions and lines created. The area is cleaned and prepped with numbing cream if requested, and a small needle is then used at the injection sites. A visit typically lasts only 10 minutes long, and our patients easily tolerate the minor pinch sensation at the injection sites. Muscle control that creates your wrinkles begin to diminish in five to seven days, and full correction occurs in 14 days. There is no real downtime associated with a Daxi® treatment, although you may see slight redness at the injection site immediately after treatment that diminishes very quickly. The results of Daxi® (or competitive neurotoxin brands such as Botox or Dysport) can last anywhere from twenty-two to twenty-four weeks.
Daxi® and other brand name toxins are priced based on the number of units used on the individual, and how much you will require is based on the areas you need treated and overall severity of wrinkles. Our providers can give you a quote based on a free consultation. Some practices quote based on an overall area, but Wilmington Dermatology Center bases cost on what is actually used. There is no question you are getting the best value.
History of Daxi®
DaxibotulinumtoxinA® is developed by Revance, a biotechnology company focused on innovative aesthetic and therapeutic offerings. DAXI®️️️ has yet to be approved by the FDA as of June 2021 for long-lasting results as a neurotoxin for treatment to the frown line area but is under review. Wilmington Dermatology Center will not officially offer this product in our office until the approval process. Stay tuned for more updates. With a goal of improved outcomes and value-based pricing, Revance has elevated patient experience throughout the aesthetic world.
Why Daxi® at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Wilmington Dermatology Center in Wilmington, NC is one of the first practices to bring the latest in technology and products to the market. The addition of Daxi® to our offerings is doing just that! Our experience and advanced techniques drive our successful results and happy patients. We strive to give you the most natural and aesthetically pleasing results, without the overdone look. Dr. Rosalyn George and her staff perform Daxi® and other injectable treatments daily.
Daxi® Frequently Asked Questions:
We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 most common questions the Wilmington Dermatology Center receives about Daxi®.
How long does Daxi® last?
- You can expect Wilmington Dermatology Center Daxi® results to last twenty-two to twenty-eight weeks.
When will I see results?
- Patients begin seeing results within five to seven days, with full correction at the fourteen-day mark.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- Daxi® is the newest neuromodulator to hit the market, but with proven results for more longevity. Individuals may prefer a certain brand based on their own personal experience.
Can I get Daxi® the day before a big event?
- Yes, a Daxi® treatment has really no downtime other than a few red marks at the injection site that resolve within hours.
Does Daxi® hurt?
- Patients describe the injections with the very small needles as a pinch and are generally very well tolerated.
How does Daxi® get rid of my wrinkles?
- Daxi®, like other neuromodulators, stops the communication to your muscles that create the lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Does it really matter who does my DaxibotulinumtoxinA®?
- Like all injectables, it is important that you used a highly trained specialist who is familiar with facial anatomy, advanced techniques and medical conditions that might prevent you from having the treatment. Bad Daxi treatments are common when patients go to individuals who are not experts in the field of medicine. These “practioners” commonly administer incorrect dosages and treat in the wrong areas, resulting in an undesirable and unnatural outcome.
How much does Daxi® cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center charges based on the number of units used. A provider in our office will evaluate your areas of concern and provide you with an estimate at our free consultation. Call our office for per unit pricing by brand name.
What is the difference between Daxi®, Dysport, and Botox?
- Overall Daxi, Botox and Dysport are very similar. Both are a types of botulinum type A used to relax the muscles that cause frown lines and other over active muscles of the face, like forehead lines and crows feet. Daxi is the latest neurotoxin to hit the market with proven results for more longevity of product. Through experience our patients may find that they prefer one to the other for their desired outcomes.
What happens if I need more correction, or the injection didn’t quite work in an area?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is focused on your results. If you ever need an adjustment after your treatment, we will gladly make the fix. Injecting can be an art and every patient is different; we are happy make minor adjustments to meet your needs.
Daxi®: Are you a Candidate?
Both men and women experience the benefits of reduced wrinkle lines through the use of Daxi®. At Wilmington Dermatology Center, we always offer free cosmetic consultations and encourage anyone considering Daxi® or other rejuvenation procedures to speak with our specialists. Patients who are allergic to the ingredients in Daxi® or have had allergic reactions to other Botulinum products should consult with their physician prior to treatment. Patients should also disclose to their physician whether they are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, are breast-feeding or have used other Botulinum injections in the past.
Patient Treatment Documents:
Daxi Post-Treatment Instructions
Please download and view the Daxi post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.
Touch Up Policy
Wilmington Dermatology Center will offer a touch-up at no charge within 2 weeks of treatment, however if you choose to use less units than recommended for effect then there will be an additional charge when the touch-up is performed.
Top cosmetic treatment picks you can still do in the summer! GET STARTED TEXT US! Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram July 5, 2021 Since summer is practically here, we’ve rounded up our favorite cosmetic treatments that are great to do in the sunny summer months! It’s...
Summer Safe Treatments While summer is in full swing, we often get the question about our favorite procedures that can be safely done over the summer. Two of our most sought-after summer treatments, and for good reason, are Ultherapy and Virtue RF. We’re going to...