DaxibotulinumtoxinA® is another prescription injection used by men and women to treat stubborn frown lines—between the eyebrows, crow’s feet and other fine lines on the forehead with proven longer lasting results than other competing brands!
DaxibotulinumtoxinA®, also commonly known as Daxi, is a purified form of botulinum toxin that has been shown to deliver long-lasting improvement in moderate to severe frown lines by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately resulting in a reduction of muscle activity, temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines and reducing the appearance of movement lines. Daxi® is another excellent, non-surgical option that reduces the effects of aging and helps regain a more youthful appearance. It has results similar to that of Botox and Dysport with capabilities to be longer lasting.
At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are advocates of natural looking results. During a typical procedure, we evaluate which areas need to be treated based on your facial expressions and lines created. The area is cleaned and prepped with numbing cream if requested, and a small needle is then used at the injection sites. A visit typically lasts only 10 minutes long, and our patients easily tolerate the minor pinch sensation at the injection sites. Muscle control that creates your wrinkles begin to diminish in five to seven days, and full correction occurs in 14 days. There is no real downtime associated with a Daxi® treatment, although you may see slight redness at the injection site immediately after treatment that diminishes very quickly. The results of Daxi® (or competitive neurotoxin brands such as Botox or Dysport) can last anywhere from twenty-two to twenty-four weeks.
Daxi® and other brand name toxins are priced based on the number of units used on the individual, and how much you will require is based on the areas you need treated and overall severity of wrinkles. Our providers can give you a quote based on a free consultation. Some practices quote based on an overall area, but Wilmington Dermatology Center bases cost on what is actually used. There is no question you are getting the best value.
History of Daxi®
Why Daxi® at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Daxi® Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does Daxi® last?
- You can expect Wilmington Dermatology Center Daxi® results to last twenty-two to twenty-eight weeks.
When will I see results?
- Patients begin seeing results within five to seven days, with full correction at the fourteen-day mark.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- Daxi® is the newest neuromodulator to hit the market, but with proven results for more longevity. Individuals may prefer a certain brand based on their own personal experience.
Can I get Daxi® the day before a big event?
- Yes, a Daxi® treatment has really no downtime other than a few red marks at the injection site that resolve within hours.
Does Daxi® hurt?
- Patients describe the injections with the very small needles as a pinch and are generally very well tolerated.
How does Daxi® get rid of my wrinkles?
- Daxi®, like other neuromodulators, stops the communication to your muscles that create the lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Does it really matter who does my DaxibotulinumtoxinA®?
- Like all injectables, it is important that you used a highly trained specialist who is familiar with facial anatomy, advanced techniques and medical conditions that might prevent you from having the treatment. Bad Daxi treatments are common when patients go to individuals who are not experts in the field of medicine. These “practioners” commonly administer incorrect dosages and treat in the wrong areas, resulting in an undesirable and unnatural outcome.
How much does Daxi® cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center charges based on the number of units used. A provider in our office will evaluate your areas of concern and provide you with an estimate at our free consultation. Call our office for per unit pricing by brand name.
What is the difference between Daxi®, Dysport, and Botox?
- Overall Daxi, Botox and Dysport are very similar. Both are a types of botulinum type A used to relax the muscles that cause frown lines and other over active muscles of the face, like forehead lines and crows feet. Daxi is the latest neurotoxin to hit the market with proven results for more longevity of product. Through experience our patients may find that they prefer one to the other for their desired outcomes.
What happens if I need more correction, or the injection didn’t quite work in an area?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is focused on your results. If you ever need an adjustment after your treatment, we will gladly make the fix. Injecting can be an art and every patient is different; we are happy make minor adjustments to meet your needs.
Daxi®: Are you a Candidate?
Patient Treatment Documents:
Please download and view the Daxi post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.
Touch Up Policy
The New Year is here and it’s time to get back to our routines and jump start our way into 2021! There are so many new treatments in the market today providing real results that can help enhance how we look and feel. Today we’re going to focus on what the biggest...
Ready or not, it’s that time of year again! We’ve got you covered here at WDC and have come up with some of the GREATEST Galentines and Valentines gift ideas for glowing skin. We’re so excited to share all the goodies with you! These favorite products of ours can be...