Seven common Ultherapy questions answered – Skin Tightening Wilmington NC
In this week’s blog post, we answer the seven most common questions we receive regarding skin tightening with Ultherapy and discuss our most recent recognition as a Ultra Premiere practice. Ulthera, often called Ultherapy is an amazing treatment used to lift, tighten and tone loose skin, counteracting the effects of aging. This noninvasive skin tightening device is a great alternative for lifting aging skin without getting a face lift, and all the downtime associated with surgery.
Our experienced staff answers 7 of the most common Ulthera, or Ultherapy skin tightening questions:
1. Is Ulthera a laser treatment, and how does it work? Ulthera is not a laser treatment unlike many of the other noninvasive treatments in our office, it actually uses focused ultrasound to deliver energy below the skin to initiate new collagen development. After the treatment the body experiences a natural wound healing process which results in healthier collagen fibers that reduce skin laxity. Ultherapy was recently named the Best In Office Treatment in NewBeauty’s Annual Beauty Choice Awards.
2. Where can Ulthera be used? Ulthera has the first an only clearance to lift skin on the neck, under the chin, and above the brow noninvasively. The system allows us to safely image the areas we are treating to ensure an optimal treatment experience.
3. How long does it take to see the effects? During an Ulthera treatment multiple depths of the skin/collagen layer are treated so you can see an immediate change right after the treatment. However the full noticeable effects take place over the course of 90 days as the collagen begins to rebuild. Another great advantage of Ultherapy is that the changes take place over time and are not as immediate and obvious as surgery. Individuals report that they are complemented on looking better – but nobody can tell what has been done.
4. What is the treatment like? Ultherapy is a noninvasive treatment often referred to as the “Lunch-time Lift” Treatment areas are identified by the medical providers and various transducers are used on certain areas of the face based on the depth treated. Medication can be provided to easy the pain during the actual treatment which can last about an hour depending on the areas addressed. Some pain is experienced only during the actual treatment and not afterwards. No needles, lasers, or cutting are involved in this treatment.
5. How much downtime will I have with this treatment? One of the biggest advantages of Ultherapy is the no down time. Patients can go about their regular busy schedule without anyone knowing they have had a treatment. Truly a lunch time lift.
6. When should I consider having Ulthera done? Unlike other lasers who require you to avoid the sun, Ultherapy is a great treatment that can be performed year-around. We are often asked how old or young do I need to be before I can have this treatment? Individuals typically in their later 30’s through their 60’s can be candidates, and a thorough free consultation can be performed by our staff to see if you would be a great fit.
7. How long do the effects of the treatment last? Although there is no specific time scale for how long the benefits last, patients are educated on how we are making structural changes to their underlying collagen. Over time as we age, the collagen will continue to breakdown, and the same would occur with your skin and structure if you were to undergo plastic surgery for a lift. Although this is not a silver bullet to prevent you from having sagging or lax skin ever again, it is a great way to get ahead of the aging curve and strengthen the collagen. Patient’s could continue to follow up with subsequent Ulthera treatments years later as they begin to see the effects of aging again. Consider Ulthera a big workout regimen for your aging skin structures, where the benefits of this workout can last for years before you need to hit the Ulthera gym again.
Wilmington Dermatology Center was the first to introduce Ulthera in the Wilmington market. We have performed numerous treatments for the past three years and we have been identified as an Ultra Premiere Practice based on our volume. To learn more about Ulthera and whether this skin tightening treatment is right for you, contact our office and schedule a free consultation with our experienced staff.