Viveve™- Women’s Health and Wellness
There are many changes that women’s bodies go through throughout her lifetime, which include the decline of the vaginal lining due to the slowdown of collagen production. When collagen fibers decrease, the walls in the vagina lose their tautness. Pregnancy, childbirth, age, and genetic disposition can make the laxity more pronounced.
Laxity in the vaginal walls can also decrease vaginal sensation and satisfaction during sexual intercourse disrupting a woman’s sexual confidence and sexual health. There are a number of reasons why we chose the Viveve™ treatment over other non-surgical devices as well.
Viveve™ treatment offers a single treatment due to it’s patented cooling that allows for a comfortable and deeper treatment resulting in long-term results versus coming in for multiple treatments.
It is also a much less intrusive procedure than other devices and the ONLY device currently seeking FDA approval for treatment of sexual function.
The Viveve™ treatment is designed to benefit thousands of women and improved their health and quality of life. It is a state-of-the-art treatment designed to restore vaginal tightness, and address stress urinary incontinence (SUI) unlike any other device out there.
The Viveve™ treatment uses clinically-proven cryogen-cooled monopolar radiofrequency (CMRF) to uniformly deliver gentle volumetric heating while cooling delicate surface tissue.
This unique technology stimulates the body’s natural collagen formation process. Because Viveve™ uses tiny pulses of gentle energy, the right amount of heat – for the right amount of time – is delivered to reinvigorate tissue. Unlike the alternatives, this treatment is more comfortable and only requires a single-session, 45-minute or 1 hr 15min treatment for tightening and strengthening tissue. We encourage you to take advantage of Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultation to determine if Viveve™ may be the right treatment for you.
Dr. George discusses Viveve™
Click below to watch and listen to the Viveve webinar conducted by Dr. Rosalyn George in early 2018.
What to Expect with This Procedure
The treatment itself is quick and is performed in our office, and lasts anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and fifteen minutes depending on treatment goals. Anesthetic isn’t needed for the procedure. We take extensive measures to ensure that the treatment area is cleansed before the treatment begins. The instrument head is smooth and about the size and outline of a toothbrush head. Using lubricant, it is inserted just an inch or two to treat the muscles in the entry of the vagina. Patients will notice a warm or cool sensation during the procedure, but should not feel any pain. During the procedure, the device will emit pulses of monoplar energy, penetrating 3mm to 5mm of connective tissue. This helps stimulate collagen production in the vaginal walls.
There is no downtime associated with the procedure and you are able to resume all of your normal activities immediately following, although we do recommend two days without intercourse. Side effects that may occur include mild redness, swelling, or a tingling sensation after treatment, which should resolve quickly. An extensive overview of side effects is provided upon completion of the procedure. All Viveve™ patients are provided with Dr. Rosalyn George’s personal contact information if any concerns arise outside of normal business hours.
Results from this treatment are both immediate and progressive. You should notice an increase in nerve sensitivity and strong muscle contractions, along with increased lubrication and reduction of urinary leakage.
Why Choose Wilmington Dermatology Center?
History of Viveve™
The Viveve™ treatment was developed by Viveve Medical, Inc.- A women’s health and wellness company passionately committed to advancing new therapeutic solutions to improve women’s overall well-being and quality of life. The Viveve System has received regulatory approval in many countries throughout the world. Viveve is the leader in offering a single treatment RF based solution for sexual function and incontinence.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- Women who are experiencing vaginal laxity, loss of moisture or stress incontinence due to aging or childbirth can often benefit from this procedure. It is advised that individuals who are pregnant wait until after birth to undergo this treatment. Women who are menstruating should also wait to undergo Viveve™ treatments, as increased blood flow in the area and impede the penetration of RF energy. Furthermore, patients with an automatic implantable cardiovascular/defibrillator (AICD) should not receive this treatment. A complimentary consultation is the best way to determine if this procedure is right for you.
Top 10 FAQs
- The procedure takes about 30-minutes to complete, so you can expect to be in the office around 45 minutes total. If we are treating for SUI (stress incontinence) the appointment time is slightly longer at an hour and fifteen minutes.
How many treatments will I need to see full benefits?
- The beauty of Viveve™ is that you only need one treatment, unlike other treatments currently on the market. Repeat treatments are possible to maintain tightness in the vaginal wall.
What does the treatment feel like?
- The tip is rotated while it alternately cools the surface and heats the soft tissue beneath. Patients have tolerated the procedure with no issue and no anesthetic necessary, with the ability to maintain their normal lifestyle afterwards.
What will happen after the treatment?
- Viveve™ is a treatment that uses gentle deep heating and surface cooling to stimulate the body’s natural collagen formation process. You should notice an increase in nerve sensitivity and strong muscle contractions, along with increased lubrication and reduction of urinary leakage, without any downtime associated.
How is Viveve™ different from other rejuvenation procedures?
- Viveve™ uses a patented clinically-proven cryogen-cooled monopolar radiofrequency (CMRF) to uniformly deliver gentle volumetric heating while cooling delicate surface tissue unlike any other device. The main differences in treatment are the need for a single 30-minute treatment for results, rather than alternate options that may require as many as three treatments.
How long will the positive effects of Viveve™ last?
- It varies depending on your particular condition of the area. Results can last from 12 months to years since we are making a permanent change in your individual collagen.
What are expected side effects of Viveve™?
- Viveve™ has been clinically proven to be safe and effective with no downtime associated with the procedure. Side effects that may occur include mild redness, swelling, or a tingling sensation after treatment, which should resolve quickly.
How much does Viveve™ cost?
- The cost of Viveve™ varies based on your first treatment or a touch-up. Inquire with our staff for more information.
How soon will I see results from Viveve™ ?
- The results can be seen as soon as a couple weeks following the procedure, although you should be able to enjoy the full benefits in a three month period of time.
If multiple treatments are desired how far in between do the treatments have to be?
- We recommend waiting a full year between treatments since the results are progressive and typically additional treatments aren’t needed.