RHA® Collection from Revance Therapeutics
RHA® Collection represents several resilient clear gel injectable fillers used today by men and women to soften deep folds and reduce wrinkles.
RHA® , which stands for resilient hyaluronic acid, is an effective and natural way to replace your skin’s natural Hyaluronic acid loss over time, bringing back its volume and softening facial wrinkles and folds.
This smooth gel substance, primarily made out of hyaluronic acid, has many cosmetic benefits to fit each patient’s needs. These RHA® fillers are the first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for correction of dynamic facial wrinkles and folds.
Resilience is an important quality for fillers placed in dynamic areas of the face, including the cheeks, around the eyes, and around the mouth. The resilience in RHA dynamic fillers not only provides a more natural result as you move your face, the hyaluronic acid also takes longer to metabolize. Because the RHA products move with your face and more closely resemble the hyaluronic acid that naturally exists in your body, it will take longer for this product to break down, producing results that last longer than traditional fillers.
RHA® 2 and RHA® 3 are indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for the correction of moderate to severe dynamic facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (NLF), while RHA® 4 is indicated for injection into the deep dermis to superficial subcutaneous tissue for the correction of moderate to severe dynamic facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (NLF). This great non-surgical option with minimal downtime allows patients to get immediate, natural results lasting anywhere from six to nine months. Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultations give patients the time to discuss concerns and allows our professional staff to focus on your personal goals. We evaluate the main areas of concern and work together to identify where the patient will receive the most benefit.
Once an RHA® treatment plan has been determined, Wilmington Dermatology professionals apply a topical Lidocaine-based numbing cream to the area(s) being treated. The numbing cream takes affect after 10-15 minutes, whereupon the area is thoroughly cleansed and prepped with an alcohol swab. A needle is then used at the appropriate injection sites; and depending on the area being treated, the procedure may require multiple injections depending on areas being treated. A typical visit lasts 30-40 minutes.
RHA® contains Lidocaine in the gel, a common anesthetic, which helps patients tolerate the minor pinch and pressure at the injection sites.
Results are seen immediately after the procedure and full correction within a week.
There is minimal downtime associated with RHA®. Patients are given a cooling agent to apply to the treated areas immediately following the procedure. There is the potential for swelling and bruising, but it should last no longer than a week.
The cost of RHA® is dependent on the number of syringes used and the areas treated at the time of the appointment. An optimal treatment plan and cost will be discussed during the free consultation with a provider.
RHA® is developed by Revance Therapeutics
Why Treat at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
- Because the RHA® products move with your face and more closely resemble the hyaluronic acid that naturally exists in your body, it will take longer for this product to break down, producing results that last longer than traditional fillers.
When will I see RHA® results?
- RHA® results are immediate, and you can expect full correction within seven days.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While there are a number of products for facial wrinkles, your provider can best advise you on what product is best for your concerns and the area of treatment.
Can I get RHA® the day before a big event?
- A RHA® treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there will be swelling at the injection site and potential for bruising that may last anywhere up to a week.
Does the RHA® procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe RHA® as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience.
How does RHA® get rid of my wrinkles?
- RHA® builds up the lost natural hyaluronic acid in the skin and adds volume to the treated areas.
Does it really matter who does my RHA® ?
- While injectable filler products are commonly used, there are specialty injection techniques and skills required to maintain a natural and even look. It is highly recommended that a well-trained medical provider, who knows and has extensive experience with facial anatomy, perform the procedure in order to prevent complications and give you the best possible results.
How much does RHA® cost?
- The RHA® Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies depending on the areas being treated, and providers can give you an expected price prior to the procedure.
Can I get RHA® done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive RHA® the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Daxi. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
What happens if I need more correction or I didn’t achieve the results I’d anticipated?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is a result driven practice. We offer a 2 week follow up visit for the RHA® procedure where we can re-evaluate and adjust the treatment if necessary.