Jeuveau is used by both men and women to treat fine lines and wrinkles, and is an alternative to Botox and Dysport.
Jeuveau, also known as #NEWTOX, is another purified form of botulinum toxin that has been shown to deliver temporary improvement in moderate to severe frown lines by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately resulting in a reduction of muscle activity, temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines and reducing the appearance of movement lines. Jeuveau is another excellent, non-surgical option that reduces the effects of aging and helps regain a more youthful appearance.
At Wilmington Dermatology Center we are advocates of natural looking results. During a typical procedure, we evaluate which areas need to be treated based on your facial expressions and lines created. The area is cleaned and prepped with numbing cream if requested, and a small needle is then used at the injection sites. A visit typically lasts only 10 minutes long, and our patients easily tolerate the minor pinch sensation at the injection sites. Muscle control that creates your wrinkles begin to diminish in five to seven days, and full correction occurs in 14 days. There is no real downtime associated with a Jeuveau treatment, although you may see sleight redness at the injection site immediately after treatment that diminishes very quickly. The results of Jeuveau (or competitive neurotoxin brands such as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin) can last anywhere from three to four months.
Jeuveau and other brand name toxins are priced based on the number of units used on the individual, and how much you will require is based on the areas you need treated and overall severity of wrinkles. Our providers can give you a quote based on a free consultation. Some practices quote based on an overall area, but Wilmington Dermatology Center bases cost on what is actually used. There is no question you are getting the best value.
Jeuveau, aka #NEWTOX, is developed by Evolus and the first aesthetic only neurotoxin approved in the U.S.
History of Jeuveau
Why Jeuveau at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Jeuveau Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does Jeuveau last?
- You can expect Wilmington Dermatology Center Jeuveau results to last three to four months.
When will I see results?
- Patients begin seeing results within five to seven days, with full correction at the fourteen-day mark.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- Jeuveau is the first product of its kind that is exclusively dedicated to aesthetics, but competitive brands such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are also effective. Some individuals prefer a certain brand based on their own personal experience.
Can I get Jeuveau the day before a big event?
Yes, a Jeuveau treatment has really no downtime other than a few red marks at the injection site that resolve within hours.
Does Jeuveau hurt?
- Patients describe the injections with the very small needles as a pinch and are generally very well tolerated.
How does Jeuveau get rid of my wrinkles?
- Jeuveau stops the communication to your muscles that create the lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Does it really matter who does my Jeuveau
- Jeuveau is a newly FDA approved botulinum toxin and it is important that you use a highly trained specialist who is familiar with facial anatomy, advanced techniques and medical conditions that might prevent you from having the treatment. Bad Jeuveau is common when patients go to individuals who are not experts in the field of medicine. These “practioners” commonly administer incorrect dosages and treat in the wrong areas, resulting in an undesirable and unnatural outcome.
How much does Jeuveau cost?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center charges based on the number of units used. A provider in our office will evaluate your areas of concern and provide you with an estimate at our free consultation. Call our office for per unit pricing by brand name.
What is the difference between Jeuveau and Botox?
- Overall Jeuveau and Botox are very similar. Both are a type of botulinum type A used to relax the muscles that cause frown lines. With that being said, Jeuveau “Newtox”, such as Botox, is also used to address other fine lines and wrinkles as well. Through experience our patients may find that they prefer one to the other for their desired outcomes.
What happens if I need more correction, or the injection didn’t quite work in an area?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is focused on your results. If you ever need an adjustment after your treatment, we will gladly make the fix. Injecting can be an art and every patient is different; we are happy make minor adjustments to meet your needs.
Jeuveau: Are you a Candidate?
Patient Treatment Documents:
Please download and view the Jeuveau post-care instructions to follow after your treatment.
Touch Up Policy
The Wilmington Dermatology Website you are currently visiting is setup as a communication and education medium of all the products and services we provide. To gain access to the “Patient Portal”, developed and supported on a secure website by our electronic medical records software you will need to follow the patient portal link.
About the Portal
If you were web-enabled during your initial visit, you will have access to your own personal “Patient Portal” which stores prior visit information, patient education, and allows you to make changes to your personal information in our system. Access information would have been sent to you at your original visit. If you need assistance in gaining access to the portal, please contact our staff.