Ever wish you could turn back the hands of time and slow down the effects of aging?
Fraxel® Dual laser technology has been proven to help reverse the visible effects of aging without the extended downtime of surgery.
It’s you—just younger. Fraxel® Dual is a non-ablative laser that penetrates into the dermis creating the microscopic laser column. This stimulates and hastens the body’s natural healing process, making healthy tissue grow and multiply while the damaged tissue moves towards the epidermis. Since the laser treats only a fraction of the tissue at a time, the surrounding tissue is left in tact, which promotes rapid healing. Fraxel® Dual’s natural rejuvenation removes years from your appearance.
Fraxel® Dual is proven to help with fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation changes from the sun, acne, scarring and sun-induced redness. This laser, named the Fraxel® Dual, encompasses a dual platform that holds two lasers in one. The 1550 setting is a deeper, more aggressive setting addressing the scarring and wrinkles while the 1927 is designed to address the pigmentation. Having both options available at one time enables Wilmington Dermatology professionals to customize treatment plans for specific needs. While Fraxel® Dual is a great non-surgical option, it does come with some expected downtime depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment. Downtime can fluctuate anywhere between three and seven days. Our professionals generally recommend four to six treatments to achieve desired results, but that of course varies by patient. We encourage you to take advantage of Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultation to determine your personal Fraxel® Dual treatment plan.
Dr. George discusses Fraxel® Dual
Watch to learn how the Fraxel® Dual can and will reverse the visible effects of aging.
What to Expect with Fraxel
Fraxel® Dual can take as little as 20 minutes to complete depending on the size, location, and condition of the area being treated—but allowing for a two hour appointment time, including the numbing, is requested. Since Fraxel® Dual is tailored to your desired outcome, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, you may experience some immediate redness or swelling. A cooling agent is provided immediately following the procedure as well as an extensive overview of side effects. All Fraxel® Dual patients are provided with Dr. Rosalyn George’s personal contact information if any concerns arise outside of normal business hours.
Results from this treatment are both immediate and progressive. The skin will feel softer, look brighter and have a more even skin tone shortly following the treatment. You will experience even more improvement in the three to six months that follow as the deep layers of the skin continue to heal. Results can last for a number of years depending on your age and skin condition.
Why Fraxel® Dual at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
History of Fraxel® Dual
Fraxel® Dual Results
- Periorbital fine lines
- Scarring / Acne Scarring
- Melasma (mask of pregnancy)
- Irregular texture
- Sun spots and age spots (pigmented lesions)
Fraxel® Dual Pricing
- Hands: $580
- Neck: $990
- Chest: $1115
- Full Face: $1300
- Full Face + Neck: $1850
Treatment package pricing is available to offset the total cost. With WDC, there are no package commitments.
Are You a Candidate for Fraxel® Dual?
- Fraxel® Dual is suited for men and women who want softer, brighter looking skin without the downtimes that typically comes with cosmetic surgery. The Fraxel® Dual is customizable for any lifestyle and beauty regimen. Contact Wilmington Dermatology Center today to setup your free cosmetic consultation and find out if Fraxel® Dual is the right option for you.
Top 10 Fraxel® Dual FAQ
- Depending on the size, location and condition of the area to be treated, Fraxel® Dual treatment can take as little as 20 minutes. However, we ask that you reserve 2 hours for your appointment as patients have numbing cream applied prior to treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
- The number of treatments you will need depends on your goals, desired outcomes and lifestyle. We will work with you to weigh the aggressiveness of treatment with the downtime associated. Typically, patients receive their desired outcomes in 3-6 treatments. (For the most aggressive Fraxel® Dual treatment, Fraxel® Dual repair, results are seen in just one treatment.)
What does the treatment feel like?
- Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. To minimize discomfort, topical anesthetic is applied for one hour prior to the procedure and a cooling agent is used on the treatment area during the procedure. Dr. George may recommend other medications, which you can discuss during your free consultation.
What will happen after the treatment?
- Fraxel® Dual works with your body’s natural skin cells, so results typically take one to three weeks to take effect.
How is Fraxel® Dual different from other laser skin rejuvenation procedures?
- Fraxel® Dual delivers the potency of ablative treatments with the gentle safety of non-ablative lasers so you get dramatic results with less downtime.
How long will the positive effects of Fraxel® Dual last?
- It varies depending on your particular condition of skin and how you care for it. Results can last for years if you continue to protect your skin as advised by you healthcare provider.
What are expected side effects of Fraxel® Dual?
- Swelling and redness are the most common Fraxel® Dual side effects. Swelling typically lasting a couple of days and redness three to seven days depending on the aggressiveness of treatment. Some patients may experience a bronzed look, mild itching and dryness. After the procedure, you will be provided with a full list of instructions on care and expectations.
How much does Fraxel® Dual cost?
- The cost of Fraxel® Dual depends on the areas being treated and the recommended number of treatments suggested by your provider. Treatment package pricing is also available to offset the total cost with no package commitments. It is best to seek an estimated price from your healthcare provider, since every case is different.
What areas of the skin can be treated?
- The FDA has approved the use of Fraxel® Dual on and off the face, so we can customize your personal treatment to your specific problem area.
How far in between do the Fraxel® Dual treatments have to be?
- We recommend 4-6 weeks in between sessions to allow for full healing time.
Patient Treatment Documents
Top Cosmetic Treatment Picks You Can Still Do in the Summer! Since summer is practically here, we’ve rounded up our favorite cosmetic treatments that are great to do in the sunny summer months! It’s important to first understand that many cosmetic laser treatments...
Melanoma and Skin Cancer Awareness It’s May, which means it’s also melanoma and skin cancer awareness month! Any one of us, regardless of skin color, can get skin cancer…..which is why early detection is the key! Do you do your yearly skin checks? If not, we’re here...