Tetra CO2 Coolpeel Laser
The CO2 laser is considered the gold standard in the treatment of wrinkles, signs of aging, and many other skin imperfections.
From a full skin-resurfacing treatment to the unique CoolPeel™ treatment the Tetra CO2 is highly versatile treating a full range of aesthetic needs.
Patients of all ages are seeking fractional resurfacing. However, with today’s fast-paced lifestyles, not everyone has time for lengthy recoveries. The SmartXide Tetra CO2 laser is one of the most advanced CO2 technologies available, with the ability to perform a broad range of treatments. We can easily select the precise power, density, and pulse durations needed to tailor and optimize treatments to fit your expectations. Whether your looking for a CoolPeel™ with minimal downtime, a treatment for the delicate area around the eyes, or a one-week surface ablation of wrinkles, this CO2 Laser interface will allow you to receive treatments with unparalleled precision.
With so many setting options available, Wilmington Dermatology professionals are able to customize treatment plans for specific needs. While Tetra CO2 is a great non-surgical option, it may come with some expected downtime depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment. Downtime can fluctuate anywhere between three and seven days. Our professionals generally recommend one to three treatments to achieve desired results, but that of course varies by patient. We encourage you to take advantage of Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultation to determine your personal Tetra CO2 treatment plan.
Watch to learn how the Tetra CO2 can and will reverse the visible effects of aging.
What to Expect with Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™
Prior to your first Tetra CO2 appointment you must stop the use of retinols, glycolic and salicylic acids, and minimize sun exposure. Wilmington Dermatology Center will take before pictures in order to track results over the treatment period. We take extensive measures to ensure that the treatment area is cleansed before applying a topical anesthetic. The anesthetic is required be left on the skin for 30 minutes t0 one hour prior to the procedure; the area is cleansed once more prior to the treatment, and then the laser treatment will begin.
Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ can take as little as 10 minutes to complete depending on the size, location, and condition of the area being treated—but allowing for an hour appointment time, including the numbing, is requested. Since Tetra CO2 is tailored to your desired outcome, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, you may experience some immediate redness and roughness to the skin. A cooling agent is provided immediately following the procedure as well as an extensive overview of side effects. All Tetra CO2 patients are provided with Dr. Rosalyn George’s personal contact information if any concerns arise outside of normal business hours.
One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel™, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day, or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated. If we are treating you with a traditional Tetra CO2 treatment, the downtime is more significant last up to one week.
Results from this treatment are progressive. The skin will look sunburned and rough immediately after and for a couple of days, then feel softer, look brighter and have a more even skin tone shortly following the treatment. You will experience even more improvement in the three to six months that follow as the deep layers of the skin continue to heal. Results can last for a number of years depending on your age and skin condition.
Why Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
Dr. Rosalyn George and the rest of the Wilmington Dermatology Center staff have proven their dedication and passion for skincare by being recognized as one of the leading practices in all of Eastern North Carolina. Our experience and innovation is evident as we continue to bring new technology and advanced training techniques in to the Wilmington, North Carolina market. The Wilmington Dermatology Center uses the latest technology to achieve each patient’s desired results. Many advances have been made to improve the side effects of CO2 treatments but ONLY the CoolPeel™ can deliver a fractional ablative treatment without the downtime. The Wilmington Dermatology professionals sit down with you one and one and discuss what it is you wish to improve about your skin. Patients leave with a clear plan of action, an understanding of timeframe and expectations and anticipated cost at our free consultations. With the Tetra CO2 laser we have the unique capability to customize what you want into one treatment, allowing you to see improvements after your first visit.
History of Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™
The Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ is the first and only system of it’s kind. CO2 lasers are the gold standard in treating wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balance tone. Damaged skin tissue is removed, or ablated, stimulating new collagen production and heat energy is delivered to tighten the skin. Sounds great but CO2 treatments are often accompanied by considerable downtime and risk while damaged skin heals. Many advances have been made to improve the side effects of CO2 treatments but ONLY the CoolPeel™ can deliver a fractional ablative treatment without the downtime. There is minimal risk of hyperpigmentation, demarcation or induced infection. Thanks to DEKA, a global leader in aesthetic technology, delivers dramatic results with significantly faster recovery time in a series of treatments.
Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ Results
One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel™, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day, or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated. If we are doing a traditional Tetra CO2 treatment, then downtiwne is expected to be around a week. The next 3 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal. Results can last for years depending on your age and skin condition. The Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ treatment is a revolutionary safe procedure that allows you to reverse the early signs of aging and maintain your youthful, healthy skin. One constant theme in the Aesthetic World is that nothing is constant. While the desire to eliminate wrinkles and improve the skin’s appearance safely, and effectively remains the same, most patients are no longer willing to endure the long downtimes of traditional laser treatments. Patients of all ages from millennials to baby-boomers are jumping on board the train bound for smooth skin. People are looking for all things Anti-Aging, to age-proof skin and to tackle any early signs of wrinkles, sun damage, and redness.
- Reduce fine lines
- Minimize sun damage and pore size
- Improve skin texture
- Without any real downtime (CoolPeel™)
Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ Pricing
The Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ pricing depends on the area you’re having treated and the number of treatments you need for your desired results. We encourage you to come in for a consultation at which point we can give you a more precise idea of cost.
Treatment package pricing is available to offset the total cost. With WDC, there are no package commitments.
Are You a Candidate for Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™?
Tetra CO2 is suited for men and women who are looking to reduces the appearance of fine lines and sun damage, minimize pores and improves skin texture. Your skin will look healthier and younger. Contact Wilmington Dermatology Center today to setup your free cosmetic consultation and find out if Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ is the right option for you.
Top 10 Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ FAQ
How long will the visits last?
- Depending on the size, location and condition of the area to be treated, Tetra CO2 treatment can take as little as 10-15 minutes. However, we ask that you reserve an hour for your appointment as patients have numbing cream applied prior to treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
- The number of treatments you will need depends on your goals, desired outcomes and lifestyle. We will work with you to weigh the aggressiveness of treatment with the downtime associated. Typically, patients receive their desired outcomes in 1-3 treatments. (For the most aggressive Tetra CO2 treatment, results are seen in just one treatment.)
What does the treatment feel like?
- Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. To minimize discomfort, topical anesthetic is applied for one hour prior to the procedure and a cooling agent is used on the treatment area during the procedure. Dr. George may recommend other medications, which you can discuss during your free consultation.
What will happen after the treatment?
- Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ work with your body’s natural skin cells, so results typically take one to three weeks to take effect.
How is Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ different from other laser skin rejuvenation procedures?
- CO2 lasers are the gold standard in treating wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balance tone. Damaged skin tissue is removed, or ablated, stimulating new collagen production and heat energy is delivered to tighten the skin. Sounds great but CO2 treatments are often accompanied by considerable downtime and risk while damaged skin heals.Many advances have been made to improve the side effects of CO2 treatments but ONLY the CoolPeel™ can deliver a fractional ablative treatment without the downtime. There is minimal risk of hyperpigmentation, demarcation or induced infection.
How does the CoolPeel™ work?
- A CoolPeel™ laser treatment can only be done using the SmartXide Tetra CO2 laser. The Tetra is the latest, most advanced CO2 laser from DEKA, a global leader in aesthetic technology. Only Tetra can control its output to deliver high energy in extremely short-pulses to deliver impressive superficial, skin resurfacing results without the lingering heat that would traditionally damage the surrounding skin. The lack of unnecessary heat is why we call it cool – get it? – and how you get an immediate aesthetic effect with minimal downtime.
What is the recovery time of CoolPeel™?
- One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel™, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day, or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated.
How much does Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ cost?
- The cost of the treatment depends on the areas being treated and the recommended number of treatments suggested by your provider. Treatment package pricing is also available to offset the total cost with no package commitments. It is best to seek an estimated price from your healthcare provider, since every case is different.
When can I return to my normal skincare routine?
- After your CoolPeel™ treatment, it is important to keep your skin hydrated and there may be certain products you should avoid. Talk to your provider about the best post-treatment care and when you can return to your daily skincare regimen.
How far in between do the Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ treatments have to be?
- We recommend 4-6 weeks in between sessions to allow for full healing time, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment determined by your provider.