Tetra CO2 Coolpeel Laser
The CO2 laser is considered the gold standard in the treatment of wrinkles, signs of aging, and many other skin imperfections.
From a full skin-resurfacing treatment to the unique CoolPeel™ treatment the Tetra CO2 is highly versatile treating a full range of aesthetic needs.
Patients of all ages are seeking fractional resurfacing. However, with today’s fast-paced lifestyles, not everyone has time for lengthy recoveries. The SmartXide Tetra CO2 laser is one of the most advanced CO2 technologies available, with the ability to perform a broad range of treatments. We can easily select the precise power, density, and pulse durations needed to tailor and optimize treatments to fit your expectations. Whether your looking for a CoolPeel™ with minimal downtime, a treatment for the delicate area around the eyes, or a one-week surface ablation of wrinkles, this CO2 Laser interface will allow you to receive treatments with unparalleled precision.
With so many setting options available, Wilmington Dermatology professionals are able to customize treatment plans for specific needs. While Tetra CO2 is a great non-surgical option, it may come with some expected downtime depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment. Downtime can fluctuate anywhere between three and seven days. Our professionals generally recommend one to three treatments to achieve desired results, but that of course varies by patient. We encourage you to take advantage of Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultation to determine your personal Tetra CO2 treatment plan.
Watch to learn how the Tetra CO2 can and will reverse the visible effects of aging.
What to Expect with Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™
Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ can take as little as 10 minutes to complete depending on the size, location, and condition of the area being treated—but allowing for an hour appointment time, including the numbing, is requested. Since Tetra CO2 is tailored to your desired outcome, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, you may experience some immediate redness and roughness to the skin. A cooling agent is provided immediately following the procedure as well as an extensive overview of side effects. All Tetra CO2 patients are provided with Dr. Rosalyn George’s personal contact information if any concerns arise outside of normal business hours.
One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel™, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day, or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated. If we are treating you with a traditional Tetra CO2 treatment, the downtime is more significant last up to one week.
Results from this treatment are progressive. The skin will look sunburned and rough immediately after and for a couple of days, then feel softer, look brighter and have a more even skin tone shortly following the treatment. You will experience even more improvement in the three to six months that follow as the deep layers of the skin continue to heal. Results can last for a number of years depending on your age and skin condition.
Why Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
History of Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™
Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ Results
- Reduce fine lines
- Minimize sun damage and pore size
- Improve skin texture
- Without any real downtime (CoolPeel™)
Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ Pricing
Treatment package pricing is available to offset the total cost. With WDC, there are no package commitments.
Are You a Candidate for Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™?
Top 10 Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ FAQ
- Depending on the size, location and condition of the area to be treated, Tetra CO2 treatment can take as little as 10-15 minutes. However, we ask that you reserve an hour for your appointment as patients have numbing cream applied prior to treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
- The number of treatments you will need depends on your goals, desired outcomes and lifestyle. We will work with you to weigh the aggressiveness of treatment with the downtime associated. Typically, patients receive their desired outcomes in 1-3 treatments. (For the most aggressive Tetra CO2 treatment, results are seen in just one treatment.)
What does the treatment feel like?
- Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. To minimize discomfort, topical anesthetic is applied for one hour prior to the procedure and a cooling agent is used on the treatment area during the procedure. Dr. George may recommend other medications, which you can discuss during your free consultation.
What will happen after the treatment?
- Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ work with your body’s natural skin cells, so results typically take one to three weeks to take effect.
How is Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ different from other laser skin rejuvenation procedures?
- CO2 lasers are the gold standard in treating wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balance tone. Damaged skin tissue is removed, or ablated, stimulating new collagen production and heat energy is delivered to tighten the skin. Sounds great but CO2 treatments are often accompanied by considerable downtime and risk while damaged skin heals.Many advances have been made to improve the side effects of CO2 treatments but ONLY the CoolPeel™ can deliver a fractional ablative treatment without the downtime. There is minimal risk of hyperpigmentation, demarcation or induced infection.
How does the CoolPeel™ work?
- A CoolPeel™ laser treatment can only be done using the SmartXide Tetra CO2 laser. The Tetra is the latest, most advanced CO2 laser from DEKA, a global leader in aesthetic technology. Only Tetra can control its output to deliver high energy in extremely short-pulses to deliver impressive superficial, skin resurfacing results without the lingering heat that would traditionally damage the surrounding skin. The lack of unnecessary heat is why we call it cool – get it? – and how you get an immediate aesthetic effect with minimal downtime.
What is the recovery time of CoolPeel™?
- One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel™, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day, or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated.
How much does Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ cost?
- The cost of the treatment depends on the areas being treated and the recommended number of treatments suggested by your provider. Treatment package pricing is also available to offset the total cost with no package commitments. It is best to seek an estimated price from your healthcare provider, since every case is different.
When can I return to my normal skincare routine?
- After your CoolPeel™ treatment, it is important to keep your skin hydrated and there may be certain products you should avoid. Talk to your provider about the best post-treatment care and when you can return to your daily skincare regimen.
How far in between do the Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ treatments have to be?
- We recommend 4-6 weeks in between sessions to allow for full healing time, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment determined by your provider.
Patient Treatment Documents
Top cosmetic treatment picks you can still do in the summer! GET STARTED TEXT US! Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram July 5, 2021 Since summer is practically here, we’ve rounded up our favorite cosmetic treatments that are great to do in the sunny summer months! It’s...
Summer Safe Treatments While summer is in full swing, we often get the question about our favorite procedures that can be safely done over the summer. Two of our most sought-after summer treatments, and for good reason, are Ultherapy and Virtue RF. We’re going to...