May is here, and the WDC team has a very important reminder for your skin as well as an exciting special on Ultherapy!
May is Melanoma Awareness Month
1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime, and early detection is key! Be sure to read this newsletter to find out how to check and protect your skin this summer as well as learning about Dr. George’s favorite SPF’s!
Ultherapy BOGO 50% off!
Are you looking for a successful lifting treatment with no downtime and an amazing bonus?
This month, we are offering an amazing special: Book the mid/lower face Ultherapy ($2,450) treatment and receive the 2nd area 50% off! This $800 bonus value could include: upper face, neck, or décolleté (chest).
The beauty of Ultherapy is that there is no significant downtime or restrictions, which is why Ultherapy has been coined the “Lunchtime Lift.” It is the one-time treatment that lasts 3 to 5 years with noticeable results that improve over time as your collagen rebuilds! And our favorite part; you can have this treatment done in the summer!
Reply, call, or text us at 910-256-4350 to learn more about this amazing opportunity available when you’re ready to book your treatment. (Deposit must be paid in May 2022.)
Unsure of what you need? We offer FREE cosmetic consultations so that we can address your individual needs and come up with a tailored treatment plan.
Melanoma Awareness Month
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States. Ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun is the main cause of skin cancer. The most dangerous kind of skin cancer is called melanoma. The American Cancer Society estimates that more than 10,000 people will die this year from melanoma, the most aggressive form of skin cancer.
What to Look for? Learn the ABCDE’s of checking your skin.
- A – Asymmetry – one half is unlike the other half
- B – Border – irregular shape and poorly defined border
- C – Color varies from one area to another
- D – Diameter – greater than the size of a pencil eraser
- E – Evolving – looks different from the others and changes in shape, color
If you have a spot that meets any of the criteria above, we recommend you have this checked. Call and schedule your skin check with our skincare experts!
What Sunscreens Are Best?
We know that picking a sunscreen can seem like a tremendous task, but we’re here to help you find the perfect one that suits your lifestyle and needs. Through our years of experience, we have found one of the most important things about sunscreen is finding one that you will actually use. If you don’t like how it smells, how oily it is, or how it feels on your skin…chances are you won’t use it.
- First, make sure that you are choosing a sunscreen that says broad spectrum. A broad–spectrum, or full-spectrum, sunscreen protects you from both. UVA rays can prematurely age your skin, causing wrinkling and age spots. UVB rays can burn your skin. Too much exposure to UVA or UVB rays can cause skin cancer. The best sunscreen offers protection from all UV light.
- You also want to make sure that the SPF of the sunscreen is at least a 30. While there are a lot of 15 SPF sunscreens out there, they really aren’t giving you the protection you need unless they are 15 or more. SPF – or Sun Protection Factor – is a measure of a sunscreen’s ability to prevent UVB from damaging the skin.
Some of Dr. George’s favorite sunscreens are
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46, EltaMD Stick 50+, EltaMD Sport 50
- SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50
- Skinbetter Sunscreen Compact SPF 68
- Revision Skincare Intellishade (Original, Matte, or TruPhysical) SPF 45
- ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica SPF 50+
If you aren’t sure which sunscreen to choose, we will be happy to assist you via telephone or by booking a complimentary cosmetic consult with our Cosmetic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.