JUVÉDERM® Vollure® is a clear Hyaluronic-based gel injectable filler used to smooth deep wrinkles for a refreshed look, as well as gently restoring natural-looking contours in the lower face. JUVÉDERM® Vollure® is an effective and natural way to replace your skin’s natural Hyaluronic acid loss over time, bringing back its volume and softening unwanted lines and wrinkles.
This innovative filler is designed for facial contouring and the treatment of deep skin depressions such as nasolabial folds.
This great non-surgical option with minimal downtime allows patients to get immediate, natural results lasting up to eighteen months and potentially longer. Wilmington Dermatology Center’s free consultations gives patients the time to discuss their areas of concern before the provider will determine which product will best suite your needs. We evaluate the main areas of concern and work together to identify where the patient will receive the most benefit.
Once a JUVÉDERM® Vollure® treatment plan has been determined, Wilmington Dermatology professionals apply a topical Lidocaine-based numbing cream to the area(s) being treated. The numbing cream takes affect after 10-15 minutes, whereupon the area is thoroughly cleansed and prepped with an alcohol swab. A needle is then used at the appropriate injection sites; and depending on the area being treated, the procedure may require multiple injections. A typical visit lasts 30-40 minutes.
Developed using Allergan’s proprietary Vycross technology, JUVÉDERM® Vollure® with lidocaine is formulated with an innovative combination of low and high molecular weight technology, which improves the cross-linking efficiency of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) chains. This more effective cross-linking allows for a lower concentration of HA to be used, which results in less swelling. The Vycross technology delivers an ultra-smooth gel, which results in a natural look and feel, as well as improved duration.
This unique technology allows the product to absorb less water, resulting in considerably reduced swelling compared to more traditional fillers. Not only is there less downtime, the treatment itself is made as pain free as possible by the built-in lidocaine anaesthetic. Results are seen immediately after the procedure and full correction within a week. With the new innovative Vycross technology JUVÉDERM® Vollure® is expected to last up to 18 months. There is minimal downtime associated with JUVÉDERM® Vollure®. Patients are given a cooling agent to apply to the treated areas immediately following the procedure and results are expected to last up to a year.
The cost of JUVÉDERM® Vollure® is dependent on the number of syringes used and the areas treated at the time of the appointment.
Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist or healthcare professional who is administering your treatment. JUVÉDERM® Vollure® is a technique-sensitive treatment—so be sure to look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with JUVÉDERM® Vollure®. An optimal treatment plan and cost will be discussed during the free consultation with a provider.
JUVÉDERM® Vollure®, developed by Allergan, is also eligible for credit towards Brilliant Distinctions, a free program in which you receive credit towards purchases and earn money saving coupons on future treatments or product purchases. Brilliant Distinctions is a great way for you to save money on your favorite products or treatments—and it’s FREE for you to sign up.
Why visit Wilmington Dermatology Center?
JUVÉDERM® Vollure® history
JUVÉDERM® Vollure® is distributed in more than 70 countries, including markets in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Canada.
JUVÉDERM® Vollure® FAQ
- JUVÉDERM® Vollure® should last up to 18 months-sometimes longer, depending on the patient.
When will I see JUVÉDERM® Vollure® results?
- JUVÉDERM® Vollure® results are immediate, and you can expect full correction within seven days.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While there are a number of products for facial wrinkles JUVÉDERM® Vollure® is one of the longest lasting products for treatment in the nasolabial fold area, while maintaining a smooth and natural correction.
Can I get JUVÉDERM® Vollure® the day before a big event?
- While there is found to be significantly less swelling with JUVÉDERM® Vollure® than other fillers, we still recommend not scheduling around any major events due to potential bruising that could last up to a week.
Does the JUVÉDERM® Vollure® procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe JUVÉDERM® Vollure® as a pinch with pressure. Some spots are more sensitive than others, but patients generally tolerate the procedure well in our experience.
How does JUVÉDERM® Vollure® get rid of my wrinkles?
- JUVÉDERM® Vollure® builds up the lost natural hyaluronic acid in the skin adding volume to the treated areas. With the VYCROSS® technology, the results are seen to be smoother and longer lasting than other standard fillers.
Does it really matter who does my JUVÉDERM® Vollure®?
- Like many other dermal fillers there are specialty injection techniques and skills required to maintain a natural and even look. It is highly recommended that a well-trained medical provider, who knows and has extensive experience with facial anatomy, perform the procedure in order to prevent complications and give you the best possible results.
How much does JUVÉDERM® Vollure® cost?
- The JUVÉDERM® Vollure® Wilmington Dermatology Center treatment cost is based on how many syringes are used for the procedure. The number varies depending on the areas being treated, and providers can give you an expected price prior to the procedure.
Can I get JUVÉDERM® Vollure® done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive JUVÉDERM® Vollure® the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Voluma XC. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures, unless we are treating in different areas.
What happens if I need more correction or I didn’t achieve the results I’d anticipated?
- Wilmington Dermatology Center is a result driven practice. We offer a 2 week follow up visit for the JUVÉDERM® Vollure® procedure where we can re-evaluate and adjust the treatment if necessary.
Are you a candidate for JUVÉDERM® Vollure®?
Patient Treatment Documents
Top Cosmetic Treatment Picks You Can Still Do in the Summer! Since summer is practically here, we’ve rounded up our favorite cosmetic treatments that are great to do in the sunny summer months! It’s important to first understand that many cosmetic laser treatments...
Melanoma and Skin Cancer Awareness It’s May, which means it’s also melanoma and skin cancer awareness month! Any one of us, regardless of skin color, can get skin cancer…..which is why early detection is the key! Do you do your yearly skin checks? If not, we’re here...