Bellafill® is the only dermal filler of its kind, used to treat facial wrinkles known as nasolabial folds, or smile lines. It has also been used for the treatment of acne scarring.
Bellafill® is the one and only dermal filler proven safe and lasting up to five years. Bellafill® is a polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) collagen filler.
The collagen immediately adds volume to the skin to lift wrinkles known as smile lines.
The PMMA microspheres create a matrix that supports your body’s own collagen production. This is an excellent and long-lasting solution to those who love the immediate correction and lasting improvements of tradtitional fillers with visible benefits through 5 years
Prior to a Bellafill® appointment, it is required for each patient to come in for a patch test to ensure that you will have no allergic reaction to the product prior to injection. A Bellafill® procedure begins with the application of a topical Lidocaine-based cream to the numb the areas for ten to fifteen minutes, followed by a thorough cleansing and prepping of the target area. This cosmetic procedure may require multiple injections and takes anywhere from thirty to forty minutes. As with any injectable procedure, there is a chance of bruising and all patients are giving a cooling agent immediately following the procedure to decrease swelling. There may be some mild redness and swelling at the injection site, and we suggest a full week to see optimal results.
The cost of Bellafill® is determined by the amount of product needed for optimal treatment results.
For a partial correction-$2,800
Full Facial Correction- $4,250
Acne Scarring- $1,800 per syringe (number of syringes will vary per patient)
Your provider will discuss the suggested treatment plan for optimal treatment results, as well as, a cost estimate beforehand.
Why Treat at Wilmington Dermatology Center?
- The Bellafill® product, after the optimal recommended treatment per your provider, shows results lasting up to five years, and up to 12 months for acne scarring.
When will I see results?
- Bellafill® results are immediate, with mild swelling and sensitivity up to 24 hours.
Is one brand or product better than another?
- While some products may be similar in results, there is no other injectable filler product with as long-lasting and immediate results as Bellafill®.
Can I schedule a Bellafill® treatment the day before a big event?
- As any injectable product, Bellafill® treatment has potential for down time. While not everyone will bruise, there will be swelling at the injection site and potential for bruising lasting up to one week. Usually injection point swelling and redness is gone within 24 hours.
Can I get Bellafill® done the same day as other injectable procedures?
- Yes, you can receive Bellafill® the same day you receive other injectable treatments such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin. We do prefer, however, to treat after any laser procedures.
Does the Bellafill® procedure hurt?
- With the topical numbing applied before the procedure, patients describe Bellafill® as a pinch with pressure. Lidocaine, a common local anesthetic, is mixed with the product to make the process more comfortable. Most patients may experience mild soreness up to 24 hours after the procedure.
How does Bellafill® lift and smoothe the wrinkles in the treated area?
- The collagen in Bellafill® provides immediate volume and lift. Over time, the collagen is reabsorbed while the PMMA microspheres remain in place and create a base that provides structural support for smoother-looking skin
Does it really matter who does my Bellafill®?
- Any authorized healthcare provider can technically use Bellafill®, but it is highly recommended to use a provider with advanced techniques and knowledge in facial aesthetic/cosmetic procedures.
How much does Bellafill® cost? Wilmington Dermatology Center determines cost based on the need for correction. For a partial correction-$2,800 Full Facial Correction- $4,250 Acne Scarring- $1,800 per syringe (number of syringes will vary per patient) Providers can give you an estimated price prior to the procedure. What happens if I need more correction or it didn’t quite work in an area?
- As a practice based on patient satisfaction and results, Wilmington Dermatology Center is happy to perform adjustments after your treatment. We are true believers that less is more, so there are many cases where we start more conservative and can add more to the treatment if necessary to give patients a more natural result.
Are You a Candidate?
The New Year is here and it’s time to get back to our routines and jump start our way into 2021! There are so many new treatments in the market today providing real results that can help enhance how we look and feel. Today we’re going to focus on what the biggest...
What you need to know about Acne: Acne can be one of the most frustrating skin conditions to deal with, but it is also the most common skin condition in the United States, affecting approximately 40 to 50 million Americans annually. Acne is the term for plugged pores...