Glowing Skin Tips
While the holidays are filled with lots of love and laughter with families and friends, it can be a very stressful time of year. Between the change in weather, busy schedules, and never-ending food temptations, our bodies, especially the skin, can be put under a lot of pressure. That’s why we’re going to share some skin tips that will help you maintain your glow through this holiday season.
Daily Tips for Glowing Skin:
- Stay Hydrated! Water can be a saving grace for your skin, especially if you plan on partaking in some holiday cocktails. Try adding fresh fruits like lemons, strawberries, and herbs like mint and basil to give your water a little flavor.
- Snack Smart – An unhealthy diet can impact metabolism, lead to weight gain, and even prevent your organs (skin included), from functioning properly. You can still enjoy some holiday favorites without getting in the way of your daily goals by eating healthy snacks before you arrive at a holiday function. Healthy snacking can help curb your appetite so that you are not tempted to overindulge. Try snacks like:
- Nuts – a good source of essential fatty acids and is high in both Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Dark Chocolate – one of our favorites! 70% cacao or higher – studies have shown great benefits of cacao’s high antioxidant component and skin protection.
- Blueberries – rich in antioxidants that bind to free radicals
- Adding Zinc to your diet– Zinc helps reduce inflammation and helps kill acne bacteria. Instead of ham for dinner, focus on seafood such as cooked oysters, crab or lobster. Other foods high in Zinc to consider are spinach, cashews, and pumpkin seeds.
- Make Sleep a Priority – With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, our bodies need to rejuvenate properly. To keep your skin looking its best, try to get the proper amount of beauty rest each night. To help prevent those sleep lines by morning, we recommend swapping out your regular pillowcases for silk ones (they reduce friction on the face).
- Don’t Forget Your Skincare – Between the dry winter weather and environmental pollutants, the holidays can be a bit tough on your skin. Switching to a heavier, antioxidant-rich moisturizer can help your skin combat the effects of dry winter weather on the skin.
If you need a little extra something to brighten your skin before an event, our DiamondGlow facial is an amazing treatment to give you an extra glow and have you looking and feeling your best!
Need to revamp your skincare routine? Call or text us to book your complimentary skincare consult today at 910-256-4350!