Important Patient Information for 2020 COVID Pandemic
In these uncertain times, we would like err on the side of caution and ask that you take these guidelines into account before coming to your scheduled appointment. We are also offering the option of telemedicine on a case by case basis for those who wish to be evaluated remotely. As always, don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have during this time.
Unless you believe your condition needs urgent attention, we ask that you consider rescheduling your appointment into the future especially if any of the following criteria applies:
- You are over the age of 60 (high risk group)
- You are immunocompromised or have underlying respiratory conditions
- You have traveled or interacted with large groups of people in the last two weeks
- You have interacted with anyone who was sick, regardless of the condition within the last week
- You feel ill, or have a cough, or have a temperature
If you have any of these conditions, but would like to be evaluated remotely by one of our staff we can conduct remote telemedicine visits on a case by case basis.
- Please note these are limited to video conference calls between you and the provider and an appointment needs to be made by contacting our staff (via phone, email or text)
- You will need a smart-phone with microphone/camera functionality or a PC connected to the internet with microphone/camera functionality
- We are approved to perform these visits with some (not all insurance companies) and this will be billed as a regular evaluation visit
What to do when visiting our offices
- Please practice spacing between you and anyone in the waiting room
- Please minimize any visitors with you – we ask that any guests remain in your car during your visit