On today’s blog, we’re going to discuss our top 5 questions with one of our favorite treatments, Infini! One of our favorite procedures, as well as, one of the best treatments to do during the summer months when most laser treatments are a no-go, is Infini. We’ve compiled our top 5 questions about this innovative procedure.
- What does Infini treat? Infini is a unique technology that’s main goal is to smooth wrinkles, address scarring, and tighten skin. It uses radio frequency combined with micro needling to penetrate and heat up the underlying collagen, causing your collagen to re-build itself over a 3-6 month period of time.
- Why we love Infini at WDC? Well this one is easy! It is one of our devices that is safe to use year-round (obviously we still want you to protect yourself from the sun), but unlike lasers, since Infini is radio frequency it’s ok to do at any time of the year. The results of treatment are both immediate and progressive, but soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer and look brighter. The next 4 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal and the collagen is rebuilding itself.
- Infini or Ulthera – when to select one over the other? This question is one of our most common one’s as they both do similar things in regards to the skin tightening. Your provider will be your expert in guiding you as to what procedure is best for you type of skin. There are a couple of factors in determining which treatment is best like age, skin texture and quality, as well as main areas of concern.
- What is an Infini treatment like and how many do I need? Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. To minimize discomfort, topical numbing is placed on the skin and left for 30 minutes prior to the procedure. If requested, injectable lidocaine numbing is also available to make you more comfortable.
- Is Infini a laser and do I need to avoid a treatment in the summer? Infini is not actually a laser, but combined technology of radio frequency and micro needling combines. Unlike lasers, one of the huge perks to Infini is it’s ability to treat at any time of the year, summer included. Treatment can be done on all skin types as well.
If you have any other questions about this procedure, feel free to browse around our website for some before and after photos. We also have complimentary cosmetic consults available where we can further discuss our treatments and help you determine which treatments are best for your desired results!